The 50+ Partnership is tackling the issue of the involvement of people over 50 by ensuring that, as services and organisations are reviewing and developing their policies, they have gained the views and comments of older people.
In order to make sure that we are reflecting the views of people living in the Borough the 50+ Partnership has developed a Panel of local residents aged over 50 whose views and experiences are used to guide our work. Currently the Panel has a membership of nearly 500 who are invited to comment on current issues.
Currently the issues being addressed include the effect of changes to services, benefits and activities on the daily life of older people. We are also engaged in supporting the increasing of intergenerational opportunities designed to bring the generations together in Blackburn with Darwen.
One of the ways in which we gain the views of the public is by arranging and running focus groups to consider specific issues.
The following focus groups have been supported by the 50+ Partnership:
- Strategic Needs Review
- The Shuttle newspaper
- Review of Community Pharmacies
- The Future of Care
- Review of Sheltered Housing
- Review of booklets produced by East Lancs. Hospital Trust for their stroke services.
- The provision of memory clinics in Blackburn with Darwen
- Reviewing the planned new Borough Council website " Your Support, Your Choice"
- Aiding the planning of a campaign on dental health
- Review of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
- North West Ambulance Service, Emergency and Patient Transport Service
If you would like the opportunity to give your views including joining focus groups please click here and join the 50+ Partnership Panel.